We’ve received questions about filing your taxes this year. Tax assistance programs across the district are being limited and, in some cases, eliminated due to the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
If you need tax assistance this year, please reach out to the programs in your area soon. Most programs will be processing fewer filings than normal and are operating on a first come first serve basis. We recommend scheduling an appointment before going to the location as none of the programs are taking walk-ins.
Below is a list of options for free to low-cost tax assistance for New Mexicans.
Free self-filing options
Free filing on IRS site
Free filing with United Way
Tax Help NM (United Way & CNM)
AARP Tax-Aide: The AARP will be updating and changing information on locations throughout the tax season, follow the link provided to search for AARP Tax-Aide assistance in your county. CLICK HERE
AARP Tax-Aide: The AARP has two locations they are scheduling appointments in Rio Rancho. Please note you will need to schedule an appointment.
AARP Tax-Aide: HEC Higher Education Center, 1950 Siringo Rd:
Tax Help Santa Fe
- Phone: (505) 990-7431
- Santa Fe Place Mall; Monday-Saturday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Affordable sliding scale.
AARP Tax-Aide: Tax-Aide is happening in Los Alamos. Please call the number to schedule an appointment: (505) 393-5422.
Four Corners Tax Help
- Call to schedule an appointment: 505-566-3314 (please leave a message.)
- This service will only be online or via mail, not in person.
- For low to moderate income and 60+ for the elderly to prepare their tax returns, free of charge.
McKinley / Navajo Nation
Navajo United Way (Window Rock, AZ): Free in-person tax prep
AARP Tax-Aide: Two locations are available in Clovis.
- Roy Walker Community Center, 316 West 2ndSt
- Baxter Senior Center, 908 Hickory St
To make an appointment at either location please call: 575-742-8305 & leave a message.